Saturday, April 27, 2013

My Passion



My Passion for Cooking and Sharing it.
            As a boy growing up I was introduced to many different styles of cooking from family member to family member.  The thing is, that we didn’t have a whole lot of money growing up, so meals were limited in scope and variety, but NOT taste.  I remember my Grandmother’s good old fashion Pot o’ beans.  This was a meal that was regularly served in many of my immediate and extended family’s homes.  Each and every one had its own combination of beans from Pintos, Great Northern, Lima, Garbanzo (Chic Peas), to Lentils.  Subsequently, The variety of Homemade Corn breads were not in short order, especially at Grandma’s and my Mothers Cooking stations.  My favorite was the Bacon n’ Cheddar or Sausage n’ Jalapeño Corn breads which I will keep alive in my Cook Book here at My Budget Gourmet.  Moreover, the additions to these Pots of Beans were just as good as the Cast Iron Skillet Corn Pone that went with them.  We would frequently enjoy Idaho Russets, Yukon Gold and sometimes Red Norland (Baby Reds) in our Pots and generally some form of bacon, salt pork, sausage, venison, or even a rabbit.  As I have grown up and enjoyed the many ways I have seen this meal served up it has inspired me to find that unique way to serve up even the most regular dish and give it that Gourmet appeal.  The most satisfying part of one of my beautiful and tasty creations is watching others faces light up with amazement and flavor enjoyment that they never would have thought could exist.  There is nothing more satisfying that sharing a meal with family and friends, especially one they have never thought could have existed in the first place.  That is the motivation behind My Budget Gourmet a Hackney Productions Project to bring satisfying meals to those who thought certain Meals were out of their price ranges and Dishes that they thought never would exist.  Great Cooks Like yourself from all over can meet in one place and share with me that same satisfaction of opening up new and unique tastes and meal ideas to families and homes who may have thought they could not afford a meal that has this caliber and quality.  Let our Unique meal ideas be the Gourmet tailored to your budget so you can say “My Budget can afford Gourmet.”  My Budget Gourmet will bring taste and endless variety back to you kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment